Tuesday, September 17, 2019

How and what to tell about yourself at the interview

“Tell us about yourself” - with this phrase begins each interview. And this seemingly simple request baffles every second candidate.

The main thing is preparation

On the eve of the meeting, this question seems very easy when we scroll through the answer in the head. Nevertheless, many begin to go astray, talking about themselves at the interview itself. Psychologists recommend rehearsing a brief self-presentation in advance and be sure to say it out loud in front of the mirror. This exercise will point out your weaknesses and help deal with the excitement at the meeting itself. You can write it in your cv, use federal resume guide https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1qkqYtusxqDyF1iIwqgCyqUhQIGI6Kv2T&ll=40.75323900000002%2C-73.97913900000003&z=17.

According to the recruiters themselves, the first 5-10 minutes of the conversation determine the impression of the candidate: the more confidently you talk about yourself, the higher the chances of getting an offer. Therefore, home rehearsal is required!

What to tell about yourself?

A request to tell about yourself puts many in a stupor, people are lost in conjecture what exactly they want to hear from them. Some begin to set out the biography in too much detail since childhood, others drown in such minor details as hobbies, family, favorite food and so on.

Ideally, your presentation should last no more than 5-7 minutes and answer the main questions for the recruiter:
who are you as a professional
what is your experience, experience,
what do you know (description of key skills),
significant projects where you participated
your unique strengths, rewards.
For example:
My name is Ivan Ivanov. I am a marketer, experience in marketing for more than 10 years. I managed to collaborate with such major brands as ... (examples of companies).
I have a specialized economic education. My career began with the position of department assistant, a year later I rose to the level of manager and led my own projects. In the last place of work he occupied a managerial position, my team totaled 6 people.
My strengths are analytics and development of integrated advertising campaigns. In this direction, I have the greatest experience, and my project “...” (project name) received an award from the professional community. At my last job, I managed to achieve sales growth of 30%, brand recognition grew by 25%, according to internal studies.
I have an additional education in digital marketing, I own social media promotion tools and web analytics.
What would you like to know more from my experience?

Such a capacious, rehearsed presentation will form a good impression about you at the recruiter and smoothly translate your conversation in a direction that is beneficial for you.

Good luck with your interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment